“Foundation Certificate in Sports Coaching Theory” Course (QF Level 2) Enrolment Period Starts
1. This course was first validated by HKCAAVQ and has been implemented in June 2014.
2. The aim and objective of this course are:
2.1 to provide participants with a basic and solid foundation knowledge in sports coaching, coaching administration and sports science those meet current and anticipated future needs in sports coaching; and
2.2 to equip their employment for further advancement in a higher level of certification course.
3. This course is a half-year part-time program.
4. The teaching medium is mainly in Chinese. Students attend the lectures two nights per week at HKSI.
5. This course consists of ten teaching modules, 60 hours self-study and a 30 hours coaching practicum. The total number of learning hours is 157 hours.
6. The course fee is $8,000. If students are elite athletes who passed all the assessments, coaching practicum and fulfilled the attendance requirements, they will be full refund to the course fee.
7. The new cohort will be commenced on 16th August 2019. The deadline of application will be on 19th July 2109.