Coaches serve a number of important roles: teacher, role model, mentor, guardian and trainer. Good coaches are always looking to provide athletes with the mental and physical tools that will equip them to learn, to win, and to uphold the spirit of sportsmanship.
To ensure the quality of coaches, so Tri HK will like to promote the Code of Conduct for coaches formulated by Hong Kong Coaching Committee, and should be followed by all our Registered Coach.
The Codes of Conduct as follows:
- Treat each athlete as an individual and help him/her to reach full potential.
- Promote fair play and show respect for other teams. Accept both the guidelines and the spirit of the rules that define and govern his/her sport.
- Keep up with the latest coaching techniques and seek continual improvement.
- Provide a safe environment. Check that the equipment and facilities are safe.
- Ensure training and competition are suitable for the age and fitness level of the atheltes.
- Let athletes know the benefit of sport and encourage them to participate in sport throughout their lives.
- Do not over train athletes. Maintain athletes' interest and promote their enthusiasm towards sports.
- Always lead by example and do not speak foul language.
- Avoid any form of harassment towards your athletes. This includes harassment on sex, race and disability.
You may also refer to the Hong Kong Coaching Committee under Hong Kong Sports Institute’s web-site for reference
By the way, Tri HK will like to emphasize that all of our National Coaches are employees of Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd. They are also bounded by the code of conduct of the Hong Kong Coaching Committee.