Established in 1984, the Hong Kong Triathlon Association is the sole governing body in Hong Kong for triathlon, duathlon, aquathon and related multi-sport activities. The Association maintains an office in Olympic House, Causeway Bay and employs six full-time staff, who are charged with carrying out its day to day affairs.
We are a member of the Asian Triathlon Confederation and the International Triathlon Union, the governing bodies for the sport of triathlon in Asia and worldwide. We are affiliated to the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China.
Triathlon is one of Hong Kong's Sixteen Focus Sports, a status which has been achieved as a result of the highly successful international performances of our triathletes in recent years. The Association enjoys generous support from the Hong Kong Sports Institute and Leisure & Cultural Services Department, as well as various commercial sponsors.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES of TriHK
The Association aims to be recognised, by its membership and the Hong Kong Sports Institution Limited, as a leading National Sports Association through its commitment to the development of triathlon and related multi-sport activities for the people of Hong Kong. To this end, its six-fold mission is to:
- Encourage widespread participation in triathlon and related multi-sport activities;
- Nurture a successful squad of elite triathletes and duathletes;
- Spot and foster the potential of younger triathletes and duathletes;
- Develop proficiency in coaching, race direction and associated technical aspects of triathlon;
- Promote public awareness of triathlon and related multi-sport activities;
- Secure a sound future, in terms of financial, human and technological resources, for the continued development of triathlon in Hong Kong.